Keeping track of your little tyke or a hyperactive pet while you’re in another room has been a long unfulfilled dream, but thanks to modern technology that combines miniature cameras and high-quality video output, you needn’t worry about what’s going on ever again.
This Nanny camera from Corprit is a state-of-the-art surveillance device that can provide 24/7 video coverage of a room and stream it directly to your phone. It is conveniently disguised as a fully functioning clock, so its lens and sensor are hard to notice behind the clock face and the whole device even brings a touch of modern décor to the room you place it in.
At its top, there are a couple of buttons used to set the time and turn the alarm function on and off, just like with an ordinary clock. Open that up, however, and you’ll find a hidden control switch that toggles the camera inside of the clock on and off.
Setting it up is very easy – all you need to do is get the accompanying app for either your Android or iOS phone, and you’re ready to go. It can be set to stream its recording to the phone or store it on an SD card you place inside of the camera. With a capacity of up to 32 gigabytes, you’ll have ample room for hours of footage.
To prolong its battery life and only capture meaningful goings on, there’s also a motion sensor mode that turns recording on only when motions are detected.The resulting video is in a crisp 1080p resolution and the wide viewing angle allows it to capture the entire room if placed correctly. The Corprit Wireless Hidden Spy Camera Network IP Nanny Cam can also take periodic snapshots in order to save additional space.
There are a few problems with the way this camera works though. Don’t expect to be able to look at the live feed if you’re anywhere outside your home. The camera connects to your phone only through Wi-Fi and as soon as that connection is lost, so is the feed. Add to that a considerable difficulty in establishing a connection in the first place, and the situation becomes even more unfavorable.
While the video output’s quality is above average, the camera can’t automatically switch between night and day modes, forcing you to manually do that each time over the phone. Even so, the night mode could have been better.
Features of the Corprit Wireless Hidden Spy Camera Network IP Nanny Cam
- Camera comes hidden as a digital clock
- Has a 5MP resolution
- Records live feed or stores it to drive at up to 1080p
- Has a rechargeable battery
- Clock is totally inconspicuous and operates normally, making the camera an effective surveillance tool
- Intuitive app that lets you access all of its features with just a few taps and swipes
- A 16GB card is included for internal video storage
- Has the ability to work either plugged into an outlet or can be placed anywhere else and draw power from its rechargeable battery
- Video output is very detailed and the camera’s 25 fps frame rate ensures that you don’t miss a moment of action
- While it’s in range, the Wi-Fi provides a responsive feed with no lag whatsoever
- Can take pictures or be motion activated which considerably prolongs its lifespan
- The audio is low quality and very choppy
- Streaming its feed to your phone only works as long as it is in range of the camera’s Wi-Fi
- Poor night vision mode which doesn’t turn on automatically
Overall, this camera is a solid option for people whose surveillance needs aren’t too extravagant. A couple of annoyances aside, it does what it’s supposed to, and that’s all that matters.
While you won’t exactly be able to rival James Bond’s advanced equipment by purchasing this camera, the Corprit Wireless Hidden Spy Camera Network IP Nanny Cam does a good job of keeping an eye on your baby or the living room when you’re asleep or otherwise unable to.
Its price is a bit on the steep end when compared to similar spy cameras, but the quality of its video output, as well as the way in which its key components are hidden, make the extra money a sound investment.