While some models are hidden and disguised as alarm clocks or plush toys, most nanny cams look just like the average web camera. Nanny Cams were first designed in order for parents to spy on their babysitters so that they can see if they’re doing their job right.
But nowadays, the main importance of having a nanny cam is that you can monitor your baby or toddler and sometimes even pets. The best nanny cam for iPhone devices can help you a lot if you’re busy and are cooking dinner or doing something else. We’re going to review some of the best models on the market in order to help you with buying a nanny cam.
What we recommend
The following section will consist out of some of the best models on the market. We will talk about their features as well as positive and negative sides.
SV3C 1080P Nanny Cam
The SV3C nanny cam is the perfect model if you’re looking for quality. Its main point is that it can deliver video quality in 1080p. With this level of quality, you can catch every detail whether you’re using a smartphone or your computer. The camera can even be panned and rotated at different angles with the help of your smartphone and setting it up is quite easy.
- Delivers high definition video quality at a 1080p resolution
- Uses an improved technology that delivers a stable video output and WIFI connection
- Camera can zoom in, pan, and tilt with the use of your PC or smartphone
- Uses smart motion detection technology
- Multiple video quality modes can be used if your internet connection isn’t reliable
- Setting up the nanny cam is quite easy and doesn’t take much time
- It delivers the expected video quality with no dead angles or blurry parts
- You can control the camera with the help of any compatible device
- The camera can detect intruders or unexpected movements with the smart motion detection feature
- The application on Android phones used to control the camera isn’t reliable
- Video quality isn’t that good in environments with low amounts of sunlight
- It delivers premium features but it also comes at a premium price
DMZOK Wireless WiFi Security Camera
This model from DMZOK offers you similar features, but it delivers better performance during the night when it comes to video quality. The nanny camera offers you many important features, such as motion detection, a two-way audio, and options to tilt and rotate the camera. It is powered directly through the outlet and you can add additional storage with a micro SD card.
- Can rotate and pan in wide angles up to 350 degrees horizontal
- Has a viewing angle of up to 100 degrees vertically
- Offers night vision with clear video quality up to 20 feet away
- You can record up to 64GB of video data via a Micro SD card
- A one-year warranty and lifetime technical support is included
- The DMZOK can cover wide angles both vertically and horizontally
- Offers great video quality even during nighttime
- Compatible with most smart devices and operating systems
- Setting up network settings only takes about 5 minutes
- Only works on WIFI networks that work at 2.4Ghz
- The warranty will only cover the camera for one year
- Software that comes with the camera can be buggy at times
- Some customers complained about the setting’s language being mixed with both English and Chinese
Utalent HD Security Camera
If you’re looking for a budget option that lacks in video quality but still delivers premium features, then this is the model for you. This nanny camera only outputs its video at 720p and at 30fps. But other than that, it still offers you various features found in most higher-priced models. Some of these features include a motion sensor, night vision, and panning options.
- Streams HD video quality at 720p and 30 fps
- Night vision mode offers a clear view for up to 16 feet away
- Can be panned into a 355-degree angle or tilted for up to 120 degrees vertically
- You can choose to record what your camera is viewing
- Supports additional memory with Micro SD cards up to 64GB
- Setting up the camera and connecting it to your WIFI network isn’t difficult
- Uses H.264 codec format for lower data consumption
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems
- Can be controlled with the help of Android or iOS smartphones
- Only compatible with WIFI networks working at 2.4GHz
- Video quality is limited to only 720p resolution
- Has a lower viewing distance for night vision compared to other models
Finding the best nanny cam for iPhone devices can be hard, especially when you have to decide between the 3 models we reviewed. Although they are all quite similar when it comes to the types of features they offer, they are still quite different.
If you’re purely looking for the best audio quality that comes with premium features, we recommend the SV3C nanny camera. It can stream video footage at 1080p resolution and 30 fps.
You will get a clearer image with the help of this and the viewing angles are also wide. But if you prefer budget options instead, the other 720p models will still do a great job. The DMZOK offers better quality when it comes to night vision and you can see objects clearly at a greater distance.
Utalent offers the low-side viewing angles and video quality out of the three options, but remember that even this can be enough for you. Some people tend to have bad internet speeds and expect their 1080p streaming device to do its job at the intended quality. In this case, we really recommend you a 720p nanny cam option.
Deciding to buy the best nanny cam for iPhone devices can be hard, but hopefully, we made it easier with the help of our guide. This kind of camera has a lot of uses, you can watch over your pets during vacation or even check on your children when cooking.
Nanny cameras can also be accessed at almost any spot and they are compatible with a lot of different devices. Because of this, we can also recommend them if you’re looking to secure your home. For the best video quality, we recommend the SV3C. But remember that you must have a good internet connection in order to get the best out of it.